Montag, 21. Juli 2014

Day 5 (saved from falling)

 
 
Hello all!
 
 
 
 
 
It was a grey, grey day...
and I slipped...
and almost fell.
 
If it hadn't been for my diet counselor Alice.
Thank you, Alice!
 
 
 
 
But let's start from the beginning:
It was a cloudy, grey, sometimes raining, nasty day...
and, above all, a Monday...
and on heavy shift.
 
 
No time for a proper breakfast,
so just grabbed a banana and left...
had only bread rolls and some fruit till the evening.
 
 
Going to have overeaters group meeting later,
and decided to stop by a grocery to buy a sandwich or something,
so as not to go to the meeting with stomach growling.
 
Guess what - no veggie sandwich left.
Grrrr. What to do?
I'm damn hungry!!!
So much sweet stuff in this place.
Okay, let's grab the donuts.
Add Toffifee, those joghurt sticks and some iced coffee.
And go, before you can think what you're doing.
 
Chewing the donut, bus is coming.
Bus driver is shouting at me to put the donut back in the pack,
no eating allowed in bus.
Okaaaay... I'm hungry, woman!!!
 
 
Overeaters group meeting - without group.
Normally we're four to seven women, plus counselor.
Today it's only me and Alice.
Well, let's have a single session.
 
I tell her I just had half a donut.
She says: "I guessed so. You're nervous. You are stressed, feeling guilty,
and are full of sugar."
How right.
 
After some talking, we together find out that
it had just been a stressful day,
but it doesn't necessarily have to end a shitty day.

Good, I've had half the donut -

but no need to finish it,

and much less eat the rest of sugary crap I bought.

I can still turn the day around,

and have a healthy dinner.

 
 
But, we find out,
I'm not actually that "hungry".
I'm EXHAUSTED!
(Which is a huge difference.)
 
 
So, she does a 15 minutes meditation with me to calm me down,
and tells me to go home, have a coffee,
write my blog entry,
take a good book to bed with me
and try to hit the hay early today.
 
 
And that's exactly what I'll do when I finish this entry!
 
 
 
So:
 
 

FOOD:

 
 
Breakfast: a banana
- NO PHOTO, was in a hurry -
(do you need a photo of a banana?)
 
 
Lunch: two bread rolls with hummus
 
 
Afternoon snack: two nectarines
and half a packet of dried papaya
 
 
No good choice: Half a donut
- PICTURE OF THE REMNANTS, TAKEN AT HOME -
 
 
Coffee: Espresso Macchiato
 
 
 
 

EXERCISE:

 
 
 
Nothing, only work =(
 
- will try to fit in some fitness tomorrow before work,
have late shift -
 
 
 
 
 

STRESS MANAGEMENT:

 
 
 
15 minutes meditation with Alice
left me feeling renewed,
like after a good nap.
 
 
Still, I guess some reading
and then a good night's sleep
are a pretty good idea right now.
 
 
 
 
 

LOVE AND SUPPORT:

 
 
 
Thank you, Alice.
This day without you would have been not only grey,
but pitch black.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you for reading
- see you tomorrow.
Gonna rest now.
 
 
 
 
Tomorrow will be a new day...
a new opportunity.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen