Dienstag, 4. Februar 2014

When you're missing something... how do you fill the void?

 

 

 

 

Good morning on Tuesday!

 
 
I'm at 108,6kg (239 lb) , slept wonderfully well and am ready to tackle a new day.
I had some plain, slightly sugared cornflakes with rice milk so far. I have prepared another, smaller salad like the one yesterday (chick peas, corn, red beans, joghurt/balsamico dressing) to take with me to some place I have to go and eat as supper. There will be some piece of fruit by late morning, and something light with veggies at midday.
 
 
 
 

Okay, so I said I would not post photos of myself, but lately I have been missing my grandma lots and lots (it would have been her birthday these days). So I will post a photo of how I remember her - one of the few I have left for myself - , one of the ones I told you of, at the mountain picnic.

 

R.I.P.

I love you and I miss you so much.

 

 
 
 
 
Sometimes you are eating to fill a void - because you are empty inside, because you feel lost, because you miss something, someone. But is it REALLY food you are craving?
 
(Marque - "Freedomland", live in concert, 2000)
 
 
 
I have read Marianne Williamson's "A Course in Weight Loss"
 
some year back, and this is what I remember from it:
 
 
"Spiritually, your wanting to lose weight is not a desire to become less of yourself, but rather a desire to become more of your true self.
 
And you remember who you truly are when you remember Who created you. [...]
You are a being both created by love and at home in love.
Your deepest desire is not for food, but for the experience of home.
Your deepest desire is not for food, but for love.
 
Love is both the creator of the universe and the order of the universe.
We vastly underestimate the seismic rupture caused by the slightest deviation from love. Every moment of unconscious eating is a moment when you are starving from a lack of self-love, and struggling to find it elsewhere.
Just as a child in the womb receives its nourishment directly from its mother, so we are to receive our true nourishment directly from the Divine."
 
(Phil Collins/Genesis - "Mama")
 
 
 

We are all connected.

And we all miss this feeling of connectedness, at the same time.

We have to remember...

 
(Phil Collins - "The Same Moon")
 
 
 
Take this day to remember just WHAT it is you are missing.
And what might remind you of it.
 
 

Think - what comforted you as a child?

What soothed your rage as a teen?

What would taken a bit of burden off you today?

What would REALLY lighten your heart?

 

What are words you would like to hear?

If no one says them to you

(not anymore),

SAY THEM TO YOURSELF.

 

OUT LOUD.

 
 
 
 

Have a wonderful day.

 
 
 
 
 
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen