Sonntag, 12. Oktober 2014

Break down the wall

 
 
 
This post is related to the
"Get out there"
post.
 
 
 
 

Many of us

- me included -

build a wall of fat around themselves

to protect themselves from the outside world.

 
 
"If I am fat, they will not approach me."
"If I am fat, they will not look at me in that manner."
"I feel so ashamed I have to be fat."
"Yeah, I'm fat! So what?!? Shove your norms and ideals."
"I am afraid of the outside world... fat protects me."
"I am proud to not be like everybody else."
"See, I can eat this and you can't. Okay, so it makes me fat... alright."
"I am too stressed to eat right."
"If I am fat, I am big enough to make an impression."
"I have to blow myself up to appear stronger than I am."
"I am too tired to do anything."
"I am too lazy to do anything."
"I don't want to lose weight because others don't like my body."
"My heart is so broken that I need some fat around it to put a puffer between it...
and the outside world that might hurt me again."
"My weight is a burden, like so many other burdens I am carrying."
 
 
Does any of these thoughts sound familiar?
 
 
Then you've already built the wall.
 
 
 
While security walls are reasonable at times
- imagine a PC without firewall - ,
they can also keep us isolated.
 
 

Let's break down the wall.

Let's get out of isolation.

 
 
Let's show them your true being.
 
 
("True Colors", song written by Billy Steinberg,
later interpreted by Cyndi Lauper and Phil Collins.
Newly interpreted here by John Legend.)
 
 
 
In her "Course in Weight Loss"
Marianne Williamson says:
 
 
 
"The weight on your mind, and thus on your body, is the weight of your own emotional shadows that have not yet had a light shone on them, whether they be unprocessed feelings, negative thoughts, or fear-based attitudes and personality traits. They are no different from the shadows other people have.
 
What is unique to your situation is that for whatever reason, these thoughts or feelings have become frozen within you and are not being processed properly. Instead of getting sad, let's say - going through the sadness and then moving to the other side of it - your sadness is likely, for various reasons, to stay stuck within your mind. And then it gets stuck within your body. You are failing to assimilate an experience and let it go. Emotionally and mentally, as well as physically, our systems must process waste."
 
 
 
 
Alright.
So,
let's bring out the trash.
(This can be taken literally.)
 
 
 
Take your feelings.
Feel them.
Maybe cry for a while.
 
 
And then,
 
let it go.
 
 
(Passenger - "Let Her Go")
 
 
(Disney's Frozen - "Let it go")
 
 
 
 
See you,
lovelies.
 
 
 
 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen