Dienstag, 1. April 2014

McDonald's and me - NO supersize



Hello!
 
 
 
Sorry I haven't written for so long.
I was not feeling well, had a depressive phase that lasted til Sunday, reaching its climax on Saturday when I spent the whole day in bed, not wanting to get out, ever. On Sunday my best friend picked me up and almost forced me to a walk where we talked a lot.
 
She told me I was looking old and tarnished, like I was not getting enough nutrients, and that she thought this all was because of my vegan diet... she asked me "what if, for your own health, you eat a bit of 'normal' food every now and then? You can still say a silent 'thank you' to the animals..."
 

Then she had her husband take us to McDonald's.

Yes, you read right.

McDonald's.

The place no vegan would ever enter.

 
And I had a McChicken and another burger with chicken and bacon.
And - why should I lie to you? - it tasted good.
 
 
Yesterday I went to the community house where I have lived before and told them that I was feeling overwhelmed by the thought of having to cook for myself every day, that I didn't know how to balance my diet. They offered I come eat at the community kitchen every day, there is a vegetarian meal, but I can also have meat when I feel like it.
 
 
So, this is resolved.
 
 

I am sorry, my vegan friends.

But my own health is first, and I really feel better now as flexitarian.

 
I might very well go back to vegan,
but only after I know how to balance the nutrients,
and not only eat bread and spread day after day.
Because this might be vegan,
but it's not healthy.
 
 
A "normal", healthy diet will be mine from now on.
 
And a daily walk of at least half an hour.
 
 
 
Ok, gotta go. See you here soon.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen