Montag, 14. April 2014

A fresh start

 

Hello all!

 
 
 
Wow, what a busy day it has been for me.
And a wonderful one.
Truly beautiful, energetic, happy.
Wish all days could be like this...
 
 
 
But first things first.
 
For all of you wishing me lots of energy for the heavy shift - THANK YOU.
It went by like a breeze!
 
All throughout work (to be honest, the thought had been on my mind for a few days yet), I was thinking about whether to sign up for a fitness center. I had been to one years ago, but wasn't constant and fell back into old bad eating habits very soon, making the training useless, so I also stopped going. Of course, not going to training, the money I paid for the gym was wasted, wasted, wasted. And I don't want that to happen again. If I invest in that, I thought, I have to commit to really do it. Til the end, and even if I have reached my goal, to keep the muscles toned.
 
So I was turning over that idea in my head...
 
 
Then at 18:30, I had the first meeting of the support group for overeaters.
IT WAS GREAT!!!
So nice people there, and the counselor is a wonderful woman.
 
 
To start, we did a short meditation, to center ourselves where we are.
Then she made us select pictures - small postcards - that lay sprawled on the floor in the center of the room, and explain how we feel and why we chose that image. (I had a butterfly on fresh green ground - I want to reach the lightness and carefree way of being. To which the counselor said: "But it can still move many things, with only a short quiver of the wings.").
Afterwards she introduced us to the Food Diary. We should keep one. Ouf! I hate food diaries. But here goes:
 
Today:
 
10:30 two bread rolls with hummus (chick pea puré)
15:30 another bread roll with hummus, and four small cookies
18:15 an apple
22:30 sixteen rather small avocado maki, a portion of pineapple with palm sugar and half a liter of lychee green tea
 
Exercise: walking 40 minutes
 
 
I know I ate little today, but I truly didn't feel hungry, the energy and positive feeling of the day kept me satisfied. And now (23:23 in my country) I'm still very full from the maki.
 
 
Back to the group meeting. We talked about psychic causes of overeating and compared the ups and downs of our weight to the ups and downs in our life so far.
Afterwards we got a sheet with a lot of different smilies, to go through them and define which feeling makes us want to eat.
 
After a good hour went by with the tasks above described, we talked a bit more about our personal life and especially, about exercise and why we often "don't feel like it". I actually love "working out" (ha, ha - it's fun) with the Wii. And I often enjoy my long walks, especially peaceful walks through the woods.
 
When the group was over, my decision was clear. I would go to the fitness center nearest to my home and ask how much the sign up costs.
 
 
So I went to the fitness center, and a very likeable, friendly girl explained to me the system they have for personalized training. I was very thrilled... and after an hour and a half of talking about my fitness goals and how to best train for them (and a detailed tour through the center), I SIGNED UP.
Whoo-hoo!!! Here I go!
 
On Wednesday morning I have my first training, and on Friday a health check they do in the center.
And then to lose those pounds and shape up that body!!
 
 
 
 
 
Putting lots of seeds of hope into this... and energy to make them grow into a strong, prosperous tree!
 
 
 

Hope you had a good day too!

All the best for tomorrow!

Sleep well!

 
xoxo Kirancilla
 
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen