Freitag, 30. Mai 2014

Friends and family time

 
 
 
Hello all!
TGIF!
How are you feeling today?
 
 
 
Not much news from my part; weight stays stuck
(need to make a food plan)
(and an exercise plan)
(and a life plan)
;)
 
Will keep you updated if there is any major change.
 
 

 

This weekend will be a "friends and family time" one...

 
Tomorrow I'm meeting an "old" (ha, ha - 28 years we both are) friend from waaaaaaaaaay back into my teenage years... we lost contact for a long time after I moved away for college, but we re-encountered some year ago and since then, try to keep the contact as close as possible. It was her birthday not long ago, so I am really looking forward to giving her my present and spending time with her.
 
Later, I will go to meet my aunt - my godmother - , who really is like a second mother to me!
She took me as foster child for a summer when I ran away from home (I returned, after a lot of discussion and setting new rules and limits).
 
 
Then on Sunday, I will go to visit my original family.
It is a visit I both look forward to and fear.
We have been having trouble with each other a lot in the past.
The edges have softened with time, but we still get into fighting pretty soon
(I remember a very ugly scene only two days after Christmas...)
 
But I hope to see my father, who is rather ill all the time since many years.
It is Father's Day in my country on Sunday.
I truly love my father, although he doesn't quite know how to respond to this love...
 
I have an ambivalent relationship with my mother.
She was the person I most hated in my youth.
But I guess this just had to do with my self-differentiation... at that time, I still didn't know exactly what women I would be (do I know now?),
I only knew that I wanted to be different than her.
Nowadays, I can see her as the person she is - desperately craving for love and understanding while at the same time shoving everybody away that comes too close.
 
I have a very cool act around both my brothers... as long as we don't get into each other's way, everything's fine. We clashed a lot in the past. Nowadays, we just try not to meet. ;)
 
My sister is the only one I really get along well - she was extremely chaotic when she was younger, but I love her fresh, carefree, energetic take on life. She is the one that keeps me connected to my family, kind of "okay, if I could do without all of them, but I would still want to have contact with my sis."
 
 
 

As Mimi O'Connor said on "Feel the Love"

(the Ornish Spectrum Site)

here: http://feelthelove.ornishspectrum.com/post/538884cbd429f886078b57c9

"Our friends are our chosen family..."

 
 
 
I am sooooo glad to have such a great "chosen family"...
I love you all, my friends...
 
 
 
 
A hug to all of you reading me!
Thank you so much!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 Kommentar:

  1. That Weekend went fine, by the way. Think I should tell you in case you wondered. I stayed with my aunt's family a long time and only spent like 2 or 3 hours with my family, which was a very proper amount of time before we'd all get insane ;)

    AntwortenLöschen